driftwood garden bed class
- spend a morning outdoors learning hands-on how to make & plant a driftwood layered garden bed.
- you will learn where to gather & purchase all the materials needed to make your own.
- this is an inexpensive, beautiful, natural shaped garden bed that can be made anywhere, in any size yard & even on top of hard surfaces.
- class is about 2 hours & $75 per person; 2 to 6 per class. includes a garden tour & tea, and organic seeds & starts will be available for purchase.
about our cooking classes
- all our classes are about 3 hours
- they begin with a tour of our gardens & ‘talk story’
- we’ll then harvest ingredients fresh from our gardens
- prepare & eaikakou (enjoy together)
- and you’ll take away recipes & good memories
- please contact us for pricing & availability
poke is a Hawaiian tradition.
and it’s part of Kalen’s story, as his family were the first inhabitants to this island & they were fishermen. since he can remember poke was always on the table at his family’s gatherings & he continues to carry the tradition on..
join him for 2 hours of fun hands-on instruction where you will learn the story of poke and how to make traditional local poke, modern day spicey poke, and then you’ll be encouraged to create your own. class is followed up with a sit down byob poke bowl feast here on The Homestead of what you created or feel free to take it away for a picnic on the beach.
jam + jelly
learn to make jam + jelly from a master food preserver & instructor, Kalen has been teaching courses since 2015 for the University of Hawaii at Hilo and around Kaua’i & Hawaii Island.
join him for some good old fashioned fun learning how to make and preserve your own jars of tropical fruit jam + jelly. you’ll walk away with recipes and two jars of your very own jam + jelly to take home with you; made with tropical fruit from our garden or neighborhood.
take home a taste of Kaua’i to share with your family!